We are in the days of raising new goals and may have some already put some into practice. Eat healthier, quit smoking, join the gym … They sound like you, huh? Health is what matters most to us – and it must be! – and that is why you must include in your list of objectives to travel more. We do not lie: different experts point out that traveling makes us happier and you know that feeling good, releasing serotonin and all that, in the long run contributes to our general well-being. So go out the agenda, look for bridges, days off, vacations … and think about all those trips that will bring you in 2017. Where? You can take a map and throw a dart or take note of the top destinations for this year:
1. Bhutan. Located at the foot of the Himalayas, this small Asian country is giving talk for a reason: it is considered one of the countries with the highest happiness rate. We do not know if it will be for the tibetan modus vivendi , but we have no doubt about the beauty of its temples and its landscapes. Maybe we’ll have to come up with an Eastern Waynabox to get us there this year …
2. Santorini. Raise your hand those who have been around the Greek Islands sometime. If you have raised it, we do not need to justify why. And if it is not your case, you already know the saying of “a picture is worth a thousand words”, so pay attention and understand why all the flowers and society and multiple celebrities travel here without stopping.
3. Lyon. This is not the first Waynabox destination that sneaks into the list; You see that here we send you a secret getaway to very top destinations. Since the beginning of Waynabox this has been one of the destinations that has surprised our travelers and that clearly fulfills that it does not need to travel thousands of km to discover incredible corners of the planet. This city of the south-east of France is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and has a great medieval charm.
4. Malta. The islands never fail and, after Santorini, the beautiful beaches of Malta also slip on the list. We already discussed once the reasons why you should go to Malta sometime . Now you just have to encourage and visit.
5. Denmark. The European Parliament has declared Aarhus, Danish city, as European Capital of Culture this 2017. This mention will be carnaza for the tourists who, in their step, will be dropped by the beautiful capital of Denmark. Famous for its quays and colorful houses, Copenhagen has charms for everyone: from its famous main square to the Tivoli amusement park, the oldest in Europe, passing by the well-known statue of The Little Mermaid. Ah! And let’s not forget its gastronomy, a sin for your senses.
6. The Iron. The thing is islands and the truth is that we do not need to go far to discover some of the most beautiful on the planet … Exactly a time zone less: the Canaries. And if Tenerife or Lanzarote triumph year after year, this 2017 comes to El Hierro. The most western of the Canaries is considered Geopark according to UNESCO and is one of the most beautiful natural sites. If you want to relax, this is your island.
7. Montreal. This year it’s time to cross the Atlantic and head for Canada. But beyond the big cities – that you must visit – what will attract more of the region are its natural parks. Wonderful landscapes!
8. Bulgaria. Considered a crossroads between Europe and the East, this country offers spectacular sights to see. Its capital Sofia, one of the most recent Waynabox destinations, dazzles with its architectural beauty.
9. Naples. Italy never ceases to amaze us and this 2017 Naples will be the focus of attention. Its historic center is a World Heritage Site and it is that this city emanates art, culture and history from all corners. And, of course, it is worth mentioning its gastronomy: here was born the “Neapolitan” specialty of pizzas and pastas. It is half an hour from Pompeii, another must visit .
10. Boston. We cross the Atlantic again this time to go north of the big city of New York. Boston is another must-see for visitors to the East Coast of North America and is considered the oldest city in the United States. Center of art and culture, besides having prestigious universities is also a well of history of the origins of the United States.
Thinking about your travels of the year? Add a Waynabox surprise getaway to your list and surprise yourself as never before with a more spontaneous, unexpected and exciting way to travel.