You have also considered creating a blog to earn money. Make no mistake because it is not easy. You’d better know what to expect before you start.
You also have a neighbor who earns more than 1,000 euros with a blog. Besides, the kid is 16 years old. With the training you have, it can not be so complicated to do even better than him. Is not that what you think?
The bad news is that it is not as easy as it may seem at first. Making money with a blog takes a lot of work. Few get to gain relevant amounts because they are unwilling to invest the time needed to reach the goal.
Some Important Facts About Blogging You Should Know Before You Begin
To give you an idea about the effort that is required to generate income with a blog I present some relevant data on motivation, profitability, publication frequency, time per post, growth, etc.
The most important thing when it comes to being successful with a blog is to have things clear and know what to expect. If you think that to make money with a blog is enough to do 2 or 3 sprints you are wrong. This is a background race where Haile Gebrselassie wins a Usain Bolt.
1. Motivation : 95% of bloggers leave their blog before the first year .
2. Revenue : To earn 150 euros with a blog you need approximately 100,000 visits .
3. Time : A short post has 400 words and requires a minimum of 1 hour of elaboration .
4. Frequency : According to the competition in your niche you have to publish 1-7 days a week .
5. Growth : Turning 100 visitors into 100 readers requires the same amount of days .
6. Sale : The price of a blog is the monthly income multiplied by 12-24.
Before starting the blog if your goal is to make money
If your goal from the beginning is to generate income with a blog, you must perform some previous tasks. Most bloggers looking for a return on investment of their activity forget that the level of difficulty can vary greatly depending on the topic they are dealing with. Investing a few days of research before you start can multiply the profitability by 10-20 if it hits the spot.
- Market study: conduct a previous market study to find the right niche in which you do not face so much competition or you can cover a fringe that the rest does not touch yet.
- Focus on high profitability themes : choose themes that give more eCPM at the advertising level. The difference between creating a finance blog or a football blog can in some cases assume the factor 20-30 in favor of the first.
- Choose according to personal interest : in the long run it is more important to maintain motivation than profitability depending on the theme. Writing about life insurance is economically attractive but just as it is more complicated to maintain the illusion in this niche.
How to earn more than 2,000 euros a month with a blog
If you have not been discouraged by the fact that having a blog that reads requires work maybe you have the opportunity to earn 1,000-3,000 euros a month or more some day. Only those who are able to maintain a high publication frequency for 18-36 months and are very consistent in their work can aspire to achieve this income target.
1. Do not bet only on online advertising
The same is now better understood that if you want to make money with a blog you have to diversify the sources of income. Winning 1 euro per thousand impressions would require 1 million advertising impacts equivalent to approximately 500,000 visits to earn 1,000 euros per month.
2. Create your own products
An e-book can be a way of promotion if you offer it without cost but also can contribute you income in your blog. One of the bloggers I follow years ago (Darren Rowse of problogger.net ) earns approximately 10,000-20,000 euros each month with the sale of his digital books. There are several cases of authors who have managed to publish their book online and have had unexpected successes. David Cantone explains in his blog how Amazon can help you sell your own book online .
3. Generate revenue with affiliate marketing
Not the blog to follow to learn about affiliate marketing is my recent discovery “Live from the Net” by German blogger Alex Navarro. Charging in a successful model where you only earn money if you generate sales to the advertiser is not the way that makes you feel really comfortable if you do not know the keys to generating income in a CPA and CPL model .
4. Have a list of subscribers
The most advanced bloggers no longer compare the number of visits to a blog but the number of subscribers. It is the most valuable thing you can have since each shipment allows you to generate sales. It is easy to “burn” a database so it is more important to bring value in the short term than to earn 2 or 3 euros more.